Friday, January 4, 2008

How valuable a remote could turn out to be

The other night, I headed home early from work and I planned a DVD night, hence went out to the video shop, got a dvd with a gud collection, 3 romantic movies and a black and white one Alfred Hitchcock thriller( a very odd movie to be in the bunch). And then i go to get the chips, pepsi and all set for the movie night.

My roomie said that he would be joining me after his hair cut. So I gear up for a movie night, something I have not done for ages. My roomie comes over and then we put in the DVD, the 1st movie turns out to be Rebecca, the supposedly Hitchcock thriller( It looked pretty lame to me thou), so we search for the remote to switch the title.

Well.. another couple of hours passby, me and my roomies are sadly hogging on the lays chips and the pepsi.. and nothing else.. coz the Remote control was missing and there was no possible way the title would change, we tried fast forwarding the Rebecca ova and ova gain and it starts again. The movie night turned out to be the struggle of the title change.

In a previous similar dilemma the fast forward button was the saviour, but this dvd was an obstinate one, it wud only listen to a God Damn remote. Sheesh and the worst part is the first movie had to b Rebecca, instead f Serendipity, Sweet November or You Got Mail. I fast forwarded Rebcca atleast a dozen times, before I called it a quit.

So instead of spending a perfect movie night( or lemme put it as " The Title switch night" or " The Rebecca Forward night"), frustrated and disappointed, we go on hogging all d chips and the pepsi.. and go to sleep..

eva since that day, the prerequisite for a movie night is the remote control and the DVD player in place, but the next night ( another supposedly wonderful movie night with everything on the checklist ticked), there was a

ummm a
POWER FAILURE !!!!!!!

well......

sometimes life SUX....

No comments: